Parents and Students,
Congratulations once again on a GREAT performance! The band received 2nd place and score of Excellent with Best Visual score and Best Drum Major in Class II. The great comments continue to come! We have a goal to receive raise our score at least 3 points from this past Saturday. What are you doing to CONTRIBUTE to a SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE?!
Band Booster Info
Please review the below from the boosters.
Thank you to everyone who assisted with the competition on Saturday.
1. Next Saturday we are in Pendleton HS. Additional help is needed with food and volunteers. Please use the below link or contact Aviance Bowens at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Tillman for ways that you can help.
2. Parents of Seniors - your students will go home tomorrow with a letter. Please review it and let Aviance Bowens know if you have any questions.
3. October 22 is our Upper-state Band competition. This year we will be performing in the evening. We will have a band social for students, parents and staff. This will be instead of preparing bagged lunches for the students. We will eat prior to leaving the school. The Boosters will supply either chicken tenders or pulled pork. We ask that parents bring one covered side dish and come out to wish the students well on their journey to State.
4. Next week we will send an order form for concert band attire. If there is an issue with purchasing these items, please let Aviance or Mr. Tillman know.
5. Finally, I wanted to express how proud I personally am of your children. I have witnessed some form of growth in all of them. At the beginning of the year, I told you that your children will be better from participating in this program. They are great kids. I hope that you have seen a change in them over these last several months as well. Please continue to encourage them and support their love of music. Marching band can be difficult at times and even emotional but your children have pushed through to put out a Superior performance. That dedication and drive is amazing to see.
Have a great week.
The recording and notes are available for listening.
This weeks events are as follows:
Monday - Rehearsal 4:30 - 6:30 pm
Tuesday - Sectionals 4:00 - 5:30 pm
Thursday - Full Band Rehearsal 4:30 - 6:30 pm (This is a student holiday but we still have rehearsal)
Saturday - Pride of Pendleton Marching Classic - They are finalizing details. The itinerary will be sent no later than Tuesday.
The end of the semester is approaching. Check the portal to make sure you have passed off all materials.
Always remember to BE AT THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME, WITH THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT, AND THE RIGHT ATTITUDE, READY TO DO A SUPERIOR JOB.
Go Southside Tigers!
Joshua Tillman, Director of Bands
Southside High School
"Be at the right place, at the right time, with the right equipment, and the right attitude, ready to do a Superior job." - SHS Band Motto